Jobs at Encore.org
Encore.org employees are change-makers, creating a new stage of life for midlife and beyond, characterized by individual renewal and social impact.
Thank you for considering employment with Encore.org. Our current opening is below. You may also be a candidate for the Encore Fellowships Program.
Open consultant role:
Director, Encore Physicians Program
Now in its third year, the Encore Physicians Program addresses talent shortages in Community Health Centers in the San Francisco Bay Area by matching retired physicians (Encore Physicians) with these centers. Encore Physicians themselves perform part-time compensated clinical work and often mentor less experienced providers in these centers.
As director of the Encore Physicians Program, this lead consultant manages the network of relationships that drives the success of the program. The director:
- Conducts marketing and outreach to educate health centers about the program including presentations via the local county health center consortium or through other means.
- Conducts site visits to interested health centers to identify the positions and requirements.
- Supports health centers to ensure the appropriate job descriptions and other materials are in place.
- Carries out marketing and outreach to recruit retired physicians including (but not limited to) attendance at meetings of The Permanente Medical Group retiree groups, connections with the local medical associations and other local health organizations.
- With support from Encore’s marketing team, creates necessary marketing materials (presentations, newsletter articles, website updates, etc).
- Screens interested retired physicians to ensure alignment with program goals and ability to meet the needs of the health center and the population served.
- Holds regular calls with participating health centers and matched physicians.
- Supports program evaluation including sending surveys to physicians and health centers, reviewing and evaluating responses for adjustments to the program.
- Hosts regularly scheduled program-wide orientations.
- Participates in regular Encore Physicians Program meetings, including project team meetings and Steering Committee meetings and funder meetings as needed.
- Tracks and maintains relationships with interested retired physicians.
- Carries out program administration including scheduling, tracking, reporting and documentation.
Additionally, the director supervises the work of the regional director of the program for the South Bay.
Finally, in addition to the responsibilities listed above, the director will work in concert with Encore senior staff to determine if the Encore Physicians program should expand to other areas of the country. This could include identifying optimal geographic areas and local program operators, sharing resources and creating an overall structure for a multi-site program.
The director of the Encore Physicians Program is a part-time position, with a maximum of 50% FTE, reporting to Jim Emerman, Vice President, Encore.org.
If you think you’re a fit for the position, contact Jim Emerman at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Director Application.” Please include a resume or LinkedIn page along with a short description of why you think you would make a great fit.