“The Encore Fellowship has opened my eyes and heart to finding ways to support organizations I never thought possible. ” Ken Kelley, Encore Fellow, Adelante Mujeres
Making the transition to an encore stage of work in the social-purpose sector can be a challenging undertaking. Encore Fellowships are high-impact, flexible, time-limited, paid assignments with nonprofits and public agencies, offering the opportunity to establish new personal networks and learn what it is really like to work in a new social-purpose environment. Encore Fellows apply the skills, experience and knowledge acquired during a primary career.
- Make significant contributions using the skills, experience and knowledge you already have
- Earn a stipend (typically $20,000 to $25,000) for completing a 1,000 hour assignment
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule (~half-time for a year or full-time for 6 months)
- Learn firsthand about non-proﬁts, foundations and other social institutions
- Establish contacts and personal networks in a new sector
- Join a peer cohort of Encore Fellows
Encore Fellow applicants are invited to apply year-round. If there is a good opportunity that seems to match your interests and skills, a program director will contact you. Please note that the process is selective. Due to the number of applications and limited number of fellowships, you may not be contacted, but we will keep your application available for consideration as new fellowship opportunities and programs open up.
“Encore is a great stepping stone to a new, positive way to continue to contribute to society. It has been critical to my transition from full-time work.” Mary Washkoske, Encore Fellow, Sustainable Travel International
Apply for an Encore Fellowship by selecting a program from our directory: Browse Our Directory of Encore Fellows Programs
See the EFN’s Nondiscrimination Policy.